Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences (SHIATS), formerly known Allahabad Agricultural Institute-Deemed University, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, has invited applications from eligible candidates for SHIATS Allahabad Various Course Admission into undergraduate (UG) & postgraduate (PG) courses, to be offered in the ensuing session 2012.
SHIATS Allahabad Various Course Admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes shall be done through “Entrance Test” strictly on merit. However, there are few programmes for which the admission procedure will be done through “Direct Interview” by the respective Schools. For complete details, one can visit the website.
Apply For SHIATS Allahabad Various Course Admission
Offline : The prospectus and common application form can be obtained by sending a crossed bank draft for Rs 450 (i.e. Rs 300 for Prospectus, Rs 100 for Application Forms & Rs 50 for postal charges) or $30.00 (Postal orders/ Cheques or Money Orders are not acceptable). The bank draft should be drawn in favour of the Registrar, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences, Allahabad.
The requisition for the form should be sent through registered post only. The SHIATS Allahabad Various Course Admission prospectus and application forms can also be obtained on cash payment of Rs 400 (i.e. Rs 300 for Prospectus & Rs 100 for application form) from the Registrar’s office on any working day i.e. from Monday to Friday (09:00 am to 05:00 pm).
The prescribed Entrance Test / Direct Interview Fee (details given in the University website) should be paid through Account Payee Bank Draft drawn in favour of Registrar, Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences, payable at Allahabad or a University cash receipt of the amount. The duly filled in application form along with all requisite enclosure documents and DD should be sent to “The Registrar, SHIATS, Post Agricultural Institute, Allahabad” latest by May 25, 2012.
Online Application : Candidates can apply SHIATS Allahabad Various Course Admission online by filling in the online application form made available on the University website. Last date for applying Online Form is May 30, 2012 without any late fee but the Bank Draft of Rs 1200 along with a photograph must reach the Registrar’s Office positively by June 5, 2012.
For further details regarding admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are requested to visit the University’s aforementioned official website.
- For UG programmes: June 20, 2012 (Morning Session) from 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- For PG ( and B Ed & M Ed) programmes: June 20, 2012 (Evening Session) from 02:00 pm to 04:00 pm
- For B P Ed – There will be separate Entrance Test for B P Ed. For details please visit University’s official website.
Date of Issue of Application Form
- Sale of Prospectus and Application Form- January 20, 2012
- Sale of Prospectus and Application Form Online- January 10, 2012
- Last Date for Sale of Application Form for Entrance Test (By Post) – May 12, 2012
- Last Date for Sale of Application Form for Entrance Test (University Counter) - May 25, 2012
Last Date of Submission of Application Form
- Last Date for Submission of Duly Completed Application Form- May 25, 2012
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form through On-line – May 30, 2012
The entrance test will be conducted in the following centers / cities: Allahabad, Agra, Barielly, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Calcutta, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Kohima, Lucknow, Mau, Nagpur, Nasik, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong and Udaipur.
- It is notified that every effort will be made to assign the candidate the center of his/ her first choice. However, the University reserves the right to change the centre and assign the candidate to any one of the above centres.
- The centres once assigned shall not be changed
- Any of the above center(s) can be cancelled at the discretion of the University.